The primary focus of the club is to promote and provide extracurricular activities for high school students who love Chemistry and Food Science and who are interested in pursuing it beyond the high school years. Although the club will have adult mentors and facilitators, it will be primarily student-led. Students will meet September thru April on first and last Friday of each month.
• Field trips to local or in-state educational institutions, agricultural facilities, and manufacturing plants
• Opportunities to shadow Chemistry/Food Science industry professionals
• Hands-on activities with science mentors
• Team participation in the Washington University Chemistry Tournament
• Assistance for those who want to participate in the annual Chemistry Olympiad competition
• Registration fee includes team t-shirt
How to register:
•Download application form, below.
• Complete the application and return via email or by regular mail along with $15.00 registration fee to:
Deanna Cauthen, 3455 Pinehill Drive, Decatur, GA 30032
For more information, call Deanna Cauthen at
404–510-4634 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.